Some of you might know this (if you follow my Flickr account, probably), but I LOVE painting my nails. Always have! I remember doing this every few days as a teen. These days, I like it more than ever (which has been totally intensified recently by joining a *secret* nailpolish-crazy group of ladies. Don’t ask, it’s a secwwwet!) :P
Anyway, I recently put my hands on the entire set of 8 Jacob Spring 2012 Nailpolish Collection, and since it’s the first time I actually own an ENTIRE COLLECTION, I decided to blog about it. Cause… Cause I feel like it. Ha! ;)
I also felt the need to put 2 hours on 2 pictures of nailpolish bottles (seen up there, 1st and 3rd pictures. What do you think?). I dunno what got into me, but anyway, I had lots of fun!
SO! Here’s my review of these babies! The good AND the bad!
• Colors are FAB! Very Spring, flashy or pastels!
•The “Sunny Capri” is exactly the kind of yellow I was looking for: not too soft, not too flashy!
• The “Pop Allure” is a perfect in-between of red and raspberry pink, I adore it!
• As you can see in the 2nd picture, 5 of them happen to create a wonderful 5 toned gradient, a trend I wanted to try for a while now! YAY!
• I thought the wear longevity was pretty good for the price! I didn’t notice any unusual chipping compared to similar priced brand nailpolishes. (And I didn’t put a top coat or a base coat (yeah, yeah, I know…), because… I never do. Lazy ass me. lol)
• The price, $6 a bottle (promo of 3 for $12 online as I’m writing this right now).
• Most had a nice texture (not too thick, not too sheer), and most were only 2 coaters.
• Easy to take off, not too messy in doing so.
• 3 of them are definitely 3 coaters (which is annoying to me, I’m a one coat gal, even…). That is “Sunny Capri” (yellow), “Miss Mousseline” and “Retro Chic” (the two lighter pinks).
• The yellow tinted my nails a little (but then again, I *could* have put a base coat. I hear you in my brain, people. lol!). Then again, the tint left over wasn’t overwhelming or anything, so don’t deprive yourself of this beautiful tint EVEN without base coat, me says.
Well there you have it! A mostly positive review huh? Alright, let yourself be tempted, now. :)
• (2nd picture, left to right): Miss Mousseline, Retro Chic, Flirty Bikini, Pop Allure, En Vogue.
• (4th picture): Catwalk Cool (greyish dark purple), Urban Preppy (light grey), Sunny Capri (yellow).