Again, I like to paint my nails. It’s my girly thing! :)
Once in a while, inspiration and ideas are just not there (and who would I be with bare nails, I ask you. lol) and so you end up just painting them simply (which is fine too, can be real nice results when with mixing colors as pairs or trios, too!).
After a few days, I might get bored tho. But still liking the colors. SO! The solution: pimp them!
Under is a little visual tutorial on how I pimped these once simple nails into a little bit of a funky geometric visual a few days later.
Make sure to use white scotch tape (color adheres better!), and let it dry an appropriate time before cutting little shapes with scissors. Also, apply one (or even two) top coats after finishing your design. This way, you’ll extend your manicure’s life for another couple of days.
Hope you like the idea!! :)
Via } Small Good Things
Filed under Handmade, Nails
Ah, how I love tea. Herbal or not. Hot water infused or not.
Yeah, sun tea. Perfect for summer: yummy + easy! Here’s how it’s done!
– Find a good clean glass jar, with a lid.
– Fill with tap water, room temperature.
– Add anything you’d like, basically.*
– Close lid, shake it up a little.
– Leave jar in the sun for a couple of hours.
– Strain, add sugar if needed.
– If you want it cold, now would be the time to put it in the fridge a little, add ice cubes and whatnot. If not, it will be naturally warm (not hot) and that’s pretty refreshing too in the summer heat!
– Drink up people! :P
Here I chose to do an herbal one, with fresh mint, slices of lemon, a few dried rose and blue borage petals, a little sugar.
* The possibilities are endless! Actual tea sachets (or loose leaves), rosemary, lavender, cilantro, orange, strawberry, and even whole spices like black pepper seeds or cardamom. Whatever suits your fancy. Basically, use what you have on hand at that precise moment, and it’s bound to be delicious anyway! :)
And then, enjoy! Just as I am right this moment writing this, drinking the results of what you see up there! :)
Filed under Food, Handmade